Sunday, January 23, 2011

UNINVITED BUT WELCOME

An unexpected,uninvited guest turned up on our doorstep yesterday morning and it looks like she's here to stay.

With a graceful gait and fair complexion, I must admit , she is very pretty. That worries me especially when i see the look of longing in my brother's eye every time he sees her. Young, bold and beautiful- a lethal combination.

Extremely energetic and enthusiastic, she is game for anything. We put up race to see who was fastest and she unceremoniously beat both my brothers.

They were impressed.

Knowledgeable, well read and confident, she has her own opinions about any topic thrown at her. Her curiosity is insatiable and a little irritating as she goes about poking her nose into everything she sees. She just has to know the what and why of everything. Encourage her doubts at your own risk as once she starts, she wont stop.

I maybe able to pick up a lesson or two from her as she is very smart. I don't know when she plans to leave us. Considering the way I have grown used to seeing her face everywhere I turn, I think i will miss her when she does.

Or maybe she should just leave. I don't trust my brothers much they are brainstorming over how to convince her to join them for lunch next Sunday. At the dining table, they plan to seat her beside the ketchup.

They love roasted chicken with lots of ketchup.

8 comments:

Mercedes said...

cat? curiosity is killing me :)

psmulleth said...

uh..........in case anybody didn't get who the uninvited guest in my earlier post was, it was a chicken which wandered into our compound......

Mercedes said...

hahah..I hadn't read the last paragraph!right....chicken.

wordsmaid said...

There are three paragraphs. 1) The telling paragraph. 2) The fuzzy paragraph 3) The intelligent paragraph. The third para shows what you meant by 'Extrmely energetic and enthusiastic.' Any amount of telling wouldn't have convinced us. Now after the race, we know that, we saw that.
"The knowledgeable..." is the fuzzy para. 'Confident' ok, but 'well read' and 'knowledgeable' are not telling details.

The conclusion is intelligent writing. You used words which look both ways. Well done.

pooja said...

Thank You mercedes!!!

pooja said...

THANK YOU SIR...

anu.j.das said...

Pooja,i like the way u presented it

pooja said...

thanks anu........