Wednesday, June 22, 2011

WHEN THE HEAVENS LET GO.....

I sit in the backyard with my text on my lap.Streams of sweat race each other down my brow in protest.The scorching summer heat along with an exam the following day assures my waning patience that it's bound to be beaten by frustration.

The heavens teased me over thew past few days.The overcast skies tempted.The muffled thunder and occasional breeze unleashed my imagination.

Long sweltering days of disappointment add vigour to my mounting frustration.Intense heat,parched throat,sweaty skin and I smolder from within.Yet,I hope.

I coax,cajole,plead and finally threaten the heavens to send me some relief.

The heavens mock.

Tired,irritated and disappointed,I give up,admit defeat to the summer heat and step outside with my books.It's stifling hot indoors.

I look up.The pompous clouds jeer at me.I hurl a furious glare at the skies,try to ignore the heat,wipe my brow and look at my books in a valiant attempt to concentrate.

Whats that distant rumble?

"Get the clothes!!It's here!!",shouts my Mom as she dashes out from the kitchen and grabs the clothes off the line.I give her a disbelieving look until I'm hit.

First, a trickle.A drop here,a drop there.Then,the heavens let go........

Summer Rains!

Huge lusty drops of rain pound down drenching everything in it's wake.The joyous rain drops spash at my face before running down my bare neck.Cleansing.

The air is washed off the heat.The scent of fresh earth fills the air.The trees toss aside their dusty jackets and flaunt their fresher greener green.

I look up in grattitude and a cool breeze rushes into my arms in an embrace.Refreshing...

6 comments:

anuja said...

Superb Pooja..........

wordsmaid said...

I felt the rain reading

Paru said...

simply beautiful.........

resmi said...

You know to write Pooja. Waiting for more posts.

anu.j.das said...

pooja...you know how to present things.It is simply beautiful.I can weigh each word u used.

pooja said...

Thank you anuja,wordsmaid,paru resmi and anu.