Monday, July 4, 2011

As I drove through the highway, I was lost in a number of thoughts. I rolled down the window and let the cold breeze blow through my face, letting my hair dance. I forgot about my pending homework and projects and I was happy as I could let my thoughts wander freely. It felt awesome to look deep into your thoughts, forget who you are, where you are. The voice of my parents discussing about what we'll have for dinner dwindled and it was just a background sound. I was not irritated by it. It didn't break the chain of thoughts in me. I felt a different kind of happiness in me. At last I've got my right, my right to freedom of thought and expression. I slowly closed my eyes, deeply engrossed in the thoughts. But Ouch!! Something pierced down into my cheek. I opened my eyes, startled! I saw it was raining. How dare the little drop break my chain of wonderful thoughts? It had no right to do so. But I calmed down and decided to enjoy the rain. But it was gone, lasting for just seconds! As if it was really sent to break my chain of thoughts! And I sat gazing at the sky, mourning for my lost thoughts and lost rain...!

6 comments:

anuja said...

Wah........

pooja said...

Lovely piece Gouri...but,i didnt like the 'really' used in the second last sentence.it felt a little unnecessary..

wordsmaid said...

What a story needs the most is form. You could have written in paragraphs. I was lost in ‘a number of thoughts’. Make every word tell. No need of that ‘a number of thoughts’(just an example). Still it conveys the mood. Next time write using paragraphs.

anu.j.das said...

Nice one gowri

anu.j.das said...

Nice one gowri

Kaveri Chandrakumar said...

Gud Gouri.....