Wednesday, July 6, 2011

When a Singer Became the Song

A raindrop ran down from the infinite sky,fell on my face and splattered.

I knew it was a message from the mighty sky.I looked up.The sky was dark.He was overcrowded with water filled clouds.He called me in his majestic,unique way.My heart slipped into his spell!!!The sky was mysterious!My heart longed to fly into his velvet arms.

I was unable to control my desire to take a handful of dark cloud and to dab it on my face.

The cloud heard my heart's longing.It shook itself with delight.Beads of water showered....They fell on me....They scattered....They splashed...more and more raindrops....!I grew wings and I flew along with the endless drops.

The plants laughed along with us.The trees danced.Everyone on earth celebrated that devine moment.

The elixer of life oozed out from the clouds.Plants threw off their dullness.They got life-rebirth!The drops made ripples on waterbodies.

They simply fell.

"Hey!Shut the window!"shouted a voice.I woke up startled from my dream.I lost my wings.I wondered where I was.I found myself in the in the side seat of a bus.One of the passengers shut my window with a bang.

Sorry!The naughty raindrops wet them.They lost the talcum powder on their face.They murmured,"What bad rains!"

I terribly want to fly.But I have no other choice,than to stare at the darkness in the bus.The people broke my heart.I need my wings back.

I craved to fly.

I heard my raindrops outside.He knocked at the window frame,asking to be let in.But I'm helpless.

He called,pleaded and finally sang for me.He sang just for me,in a language which only I could understand.I leaned my ears on the windowframe and listened to his marvellous music.

Thick drops awaited me outside the bus.They made devine music on the umberella.I'm sure,the music was superior to that of the Abyssinian maid,in the vision of Coleridge.

Cold breeze blew on me.It carried my heart away.

I was unable to hold an umberella,in between me and the heavenly drops.

The umberella fell off from my hand.Devine drops covered me madly.They washed,refined and melted me.I lost my body.Now I am the spirit-the soul.I became the rain...the drop...the universe........

10 comments:

Paru said...

Simply superb Anuja.

anu.j.das said...

good one anu.passengers in the bus are not always as mad as u dear.............but i liked ur each word.

wordsmaid said...

It is touching dear. Only prblm? Get your spelling right. No word, devine it is divine. But it is beautifully written

anuja said...

Thank you Paru,Anu,Wordsmaid........
Anu, atleast you will be in my same condition..........

pooja said...

I agree with what wordsmaid said anu,this is one of your best pieces as of now.Keep writing.I know better are yet to come....uh,abt the spelling of devine,i hold myself responsible for it..sorry abt that.

pooja said...

Yikes!I meant,'divine'.....gosh spellings and basic grammar get the better of me these days....

wordsmaid said...

Arresting beginning. So you began the article by personifying the sky! Well let me see how you go. Second para. Why do you need to dab your face with darkness, when everyone else is dabbing their faces with Cuticura powder? “They fell on me. They scattered. They splashed.” You could have done something with the order- they fell on me, they splashed, they scattered” That should be the order. But the rhythm you created by those clauses is attractive. (Mind it, the word is divine, not devine). They got life-rebirth(No no, ‘they were reborn’). They lost the talcum powder(You can use another verb rather than, ‘lost’). Next paragraph you changed gear and went to present(tense). Next you are back to past(I craved to fly).Last four paragraphs are beautiful and deep. Keep writing Anuja…

anuja said...

Hey my editor, you should be a little more careful;ok? anyway you improved as an editor by correcting my articles. Keep it up.

anuja said...

As you know wordsmaid talcum powder hasn't any role in my face(!!!).Thank you for the corrections.

Kaveri Chandrakumar said...

Great Anuja.....Beautiful thoughts....:-)
I have felt the same way while travelling by bus..but that is when I have not got a seat and I'm standing far away from the window...:-D..
But I guess I wouldn't mind the raindrops "falling, splashing and scattering" on me if the bus windows were not so hideously dirty..:-D